Saturday, November 01, 2008

2 months, 2 days, till 2

Eating their first bowl of cereal

Anderson James


Jake Thomas

As we draw closer to Anderson and Jake's 2nd birthday I am sinking deeper into a mommy depression. I can't believe my bubbies are using forks and spoons, eating what we eat, saying their ABC's and counting, and telling us when it is time to go poop. This is crazy, it feels like it all happened overnight. I've been shopping for their Christmas gifts and I can't believe they are ready for trains, bowling pin sets, and matchbox cars.

Today they looked like minature men all dressed up. I'm sure I sound like a broken record but really I can't keep up with the change. I'm not ready to move on to the next stage. I want them small enough for me to hold, agreeable enough to let me shower them with kisses, and needy enough to always want their momma.

No comments: