Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Today it finally happened. Anderson stepped on some train track that was on the floor and it lunged him forward right into the edge of the wall. Blood was everywhere, spilling down his face and pooling in his ear. We got him calmed down, bleeding stopped and bandaid applied but I still had an uneasy feeling. After a few hours it was clear that the gash was too wide to close on its own so we took him to the ER. They cleaned it up and glued his little forehead back together.
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Having fun together.
Anderson and Claire cuddling before bed.
The boys are trying to make the best of this cold and wet weather we've been having. We are expecting another 5 inches tonight! They don't get to leave the house much but they have escaped here and there.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
1) I met Kevin while working at Major Magics in 1994.
2) I once scored five 3 pointers in a basketball game.
3) My boss is my old 6th grade teacher.
4) I really regret not going to Europe before the boys were born.
5) I hate handling raw meat..that is what Kevin is for.
6) I cannot swallow pills. I have to chew them.
7) I cheated in school more times than I can count..YIKES!
8) I have a masters degree in Bilingual/Bicultural Education
9) My son Anderson is named after Anderson Cooper...I lurve em both.
10) Two things that I am most proud of are carrying my twins to term and breastfeeding them both if only for a short ime.
11) I wish I were more thoughtful.
12) I'm extremely cheap.
13) I eat dessert almost everyday.
14) Kevin suprised me with a proposal while I was in Toronto with Jared and my aunt and uncle.
15) I'm not good with pets.
16) I have fallen away from church and I'm not sure if I want to go back.
17) I'm crappy at small talk.
18) I spend half my waking hours chasing Anderson and Jake around begging them to sit with me so I can smother them with hugs and kisses. My heart hurts when they are too busy for me.
19) I would fall apart without Kevin in my life, he is my rock and I love him.
20) My BFF has been my BFF since we were 5 and met in Kindergarten.
21) I gained 65 lbs. while pregnant.
22) I'm married to a certified genius.
23) I love my sister to pieces.
24) I had a nose job in 2002 and I'm not embarassed....its one of the best things I have ever done for myself!
25) I love being a MOM..mom of multiples.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Yesterday I called to find out if I could pay to get benefits through my work even though I only work part time. The good news is that I can, the bad news is that it will be expensive and I can't enroll till open season which isn't until next fall. I'll take it, it is better than no surgery at all or having to wait till 2010. Thank you to my friends Mary and Maggie who both called yesterday to show their concern and support after reading the blog. You are both so wonderful and thoughtful !!!
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Anderson figuring out the cap.
Jake was drawing all over...paper, hands and face.
sorry the above pics have absolutely nothing to do with the below post...
Monday, January 19, 2009
While I was makeup shopping Kevin took the boys to Starbucks for a hot apple cider and a stroll through the mall. We met back up again and let the boys run around the common area. They quickly made some little people friends and had a great time. The snow was starting to get really bad on the ride home so we skipped the lunch we had planned and just came home.
In the evening Kev and I got out for dinner and a movie. We saw Slumdog Millionaire and it was disturbingly good. I love any movie that temporarily pops the little bubble I live in. 48 hours later and it is still haunting me.
Yesterday we stayed home most of the day. I did go out for a couple hours to attend a baby shower. The boys played with their trains, read books and hung out with their favorite guy...daddy.
Today we met up with Grant and Claire for lunch at the Rainforest Cafe. The boys haven't been there in almost a year so we were a little afraid that they might be scared of the animals but they did great. They enjoyed the rain storm, the elephants, monkeys and most of all the other kids. They seem to make friends wherever they go. They ate like little piggies...strawberries, blueberries, chicken nuggets, quesdillas, cheese, fruit grain bars and half a bottle of ketchup between the two of them.
Afterwards we did some shopping for next winter, taking advantage of all the end of season clearances. I'm floored that we bought size 4T clothes for them. They are already somewhere in between a 2T and 3T and Children's Place runs small so 4T it was.
Friday, January 16, 2009
Anderson James sings Frosty the Snowman
It is so damn cold around here. The boys have barely left the house this past week because of the sub zero temps we have been experiencing. We did manage to go to music and storytime at the library. Anderson has really caught on to the routine. He obediently follows directions to sit, wait his turn, and can dance with the best of them. Jake has some different ideas. He prefers to wander the room, check everyone out and participate when he feels like it. On Thursday he thought it would be fun to crawl under the teacher's easel again and again. When I tried to put a stop to it he made me pay in the worst way possible...an embarassing tantrum.
I wouldn't say the twos have been terrible thus far but certainly a challenge. This morning I was woken from sleep at 5:30 a.m. by Anderson repeating some kind of non sense over and over. He is a pretty relentless little fellow so I knew ignoring him was not going to work. I went into his bedroom to see what was the matter and that stinker told me "I got boogers". I told him to nevermind the boogers, it was too early to get up and everyone was sleeping. He then said "poo butt". He'll try anything.
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Thursday, January 08, 2009
I love pics of them in their sleep sacks aka dresses. It is so funny to watch them shuffle around in them.
Jake sending Thomas down the hill.
Tuesday, January 06, 2009
Jake with his rhythm scarf
The boys were loving their shakers and scarves
Sunday, January 04, 2009
Jake looking like he's been overserved.
Grant and Claire help the boys with opening their gifts
I adore this picture! Jakey is blowing out the candles with his hands clasped and Anderson just has a huge grin for him!
Saturday, January 03, 2009
Anderson showing off his Mickey Mouse shirt.
He was so pysched about wearing it!
Mommy and Jake
Friday, January 02, 2009
Anderson with his
Thursday, January 01, 2009
After the boys awoke from their nap we took them to "Claire's house". That is what they call the McBride's house. Looks like all the attention Claire gives them has paid off for her....they are completely enthralled. My sister made a faijta dinner complete with mexicali dip and bumpy cake. YUM!
After we ate, Grant got out the Wii and fun was had by all. Anderson helped me sing with Rock Band and Papa even got in on the Mario cart action. Tomorrow will be a work day. We have so much to do to get the basement party ready. Groceries to buy and lots of food to prep. This years theme is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Say "cheers"!