Monday, November 10, 2008

Mondays...blech (Warning TMI)

Sensitive stomach? DO NOT READ


We had the Monday of all Monday mornings around here. How does puke in the crib, hair, jammies and forehead, di di in the diapers, and a complete stripping of clothes and bedding all before 7:30 a.m. sound?

I heard the boys chattering away at about 7 this morning. I usually let them chatter and play for about 15 minutes before I go and get them. This gives me time to throw in a load of laundry, pour their milk cups (which they demand the very minute they wake) and if I'm lucky check my work email. This morning I heard a strange gagging noise but it isn't unusual for Anderson to gag himself while sticking his fingers in the back of his mouth due to teething pain. I listened to make sure they were both okay and continued with my business. THEN I went to get Jake out of bed and the minute I opened his door I knew I was in trouble. The smell of puke is undeniable and poor Jakey was swimming in it.

It was all over him, his hair, at the foot of the crib, on his blanket, pillow and lovey. He was a little spooked but I think it was only from my reaction. Had I not coddled him, I don't think he would have thought a thing about it. After I cleaned up that mess I was finally able to change his diaper and get Anderson out of his crib.

Now, I'm on the verge of getting sick from cleaning up the sick and I have the diarhea to deal with. Jake has a full load and it smells just like the puke. How does that happen? The rest of the morning was spent changing horribly rank diapers and obbessing over every symptom I might have. This afternoon Anderson joined in with the di di so now that poor guy has the stomach flu too. Now I just wait for my turn.

No comments: