Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Gettin Crazy at the Library

Sleeping Angel

Anderson playing with his puzzle


Mmmm...carrots

The boys got their first taste of school today, sorta. Uncle Jared and I took the boys to storytime at the library. It was their first experience in a "structured" environment so I was a little nervous about how they might cooperate. I'm happy to say they exceeded my expectations! When we first arrived Anderson and Jake were able to look at books, sit at tables made just for them and socialize with the other babies. They were the youngest in the 12-24 month group, most of the babes were 15-18 months old.

When it was time for circle time the boys sat on our laps, turned the pages of their book as the storyteller read and listened quietly. Then the real fun started....we sang songs, watched a finger puppet story, clapped our hands and for the big finale there were bubbles. The storyteller had a little machine that made lots and lots of bubbles and Anderson and Jake crawled all around trying to touch and pop them. Many of the songs that were sung were ones I sing to them at home so it was great that they were already familiar with them. You could see in their little faces that they were having such a good time. It was a very special experience for me, I just wish Kevin had been there to share it with us.


No comments: