Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Ruby Tuesday

I finished the placemats. I cheated and posted them the other day before I had finished all 4. The last two came out so much nicer than the first two. Practice makes perfect.
Next project is a biggie.... http://oneredrobin.com/2007/03/28/how-to-make-a-simple-versatile-soft-doll/ Gonna make myself a Ruby Doll. They say its "simple", I'll be the judge of that. You might be wondering what I am going to do with a doll....ummm, don't know yet either. That isn't really the point.

This morning I took the boys over to Grant and Claire's house. My sister and I had big ideas of the kids playing outside, running through the sprinklers and having a nice lunch. Only one of the above happened and it was over before it started. The kids did play outside but after about 20 minutes, Anderson and Jake were on the war path. Climbing the stone steps up to the house, running into the garage, and eating rocks were just a few activities of choice. When we tried to redirect them they pulled the old "go limp" trick and screamed their heads off. It was more than I had patience for today so I packed up the car and home we went. Let's hope when the sleepy heads wake from their nap that they reset to a calmer more cooperative setting.

No comments: