Thursday, July 24, 2008

Excuse the drool

Jake Thomas
Androolson James



The boys have had a busy week! I can't believe it is already Thursday. Yesterday they had TWO playdates! In the morning they played at Grant and Claire's house. Jake loved pushing around Claire's bitty twins in the double stroller, which I got a big kick out of. Anderson preferred to examine all the toys in boy's toy box that my sister keeps for when they come over. We had a nice visit and my heart just swells when I see how much the four of them already love and adore eachother. My mind wanders to when Grant and Claire are in high school and the boys will be the age Grant and Claire are now and all the fun we will have going to the football games and watching Grant and Claire play school sports if they choose to do that. So much to look forward to!


In the afternoon we had Ashley and baby Simon over for a playdate at our house. Baby Simon is only 5 weeks old, so he enjoyed himself by just sleeping through the chaos. The boys and Ashley spent some time in the pool, playing outside and eating fruit salad. They had a good time and when it was time for Ashley to leave, Jake cried. It was so sweet, you would have never guessed by their interaction that he was enjoying her so much but it was clear he was so sad to see her go.


Today Uncle Jared came by and we did some shopping. I've been hitting up all the Old Navy's in the area to stock up on summer clothes for next year. I can't believe all the cute shirts I got the boys for 1.99 each! After the shopping we grabbed lunch and dare I say they were so well behaved. After Grandma's birthday dinner fiasco, I was reluctant to take them out but both Anderson and Jake did great! The waitress even complimented them!

No comments: