Wednesday, April 01, 2009

The binkies are stressing me out! BIGTIME! Herein lies the problem....

*Both boys are waking an hour earlier than normal. This means a 6 a.m wake-up call. We are usually up by six during the week anyways but we are both getting dressed and need that time! Kevin has to leave for work and I like to get dressed and ready before they wake so that is one less thing I need to juggle while they are awake and need Mommy.

*They usually wake around 7 and are content to hang out in their cribs for 20-25 minutes. Now once they are up they are up! They want out of the cribs STAT! That means our day is starting about an hour and a half earlier than normal.

*Both are taking 30-60 minutes to fall asleep. With binkies they would quiet down in less than 10 minutes on most nights

*Jake has napped for about a total of 3 hours since taking them away on Saturday. No naps along with a shortened night time sleep means no fun for anyone.

Now the question is what to do. Press on even though everyone is stressed and tired? Wait it out to see if things settle back down? I go back and forth by the hour. I REALLY REALLY want to give them back. Everyone was much happier that way. As a mom of multiples I have no qualms saying I need that downtime everyday. Naptime maintains my sanity. It gives me time to do laundry, prep meals, unload the dishwasher, pay bills, and make a few phone calls.

For some reason I'm just having a hard time letting myself off the hook. I feel like we have to finish what we have started. That if we don't stop it now that it will be that much more of a struggle when they are 2.5 or 3 years old. I worry that the pacifiers could interfere with the proper development and growth of their bite and jaw. AHHH...I just don't know what to do.

The boys played outside for a bit today and as Jake was coming towards me from a distance he looked so little and tiny and I thought to myself that he still looks like such a baby. Babies need their binkies :(.

No comments: