Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Bladders, baby showers and Halloween

Not too much happening lately. My nausea is starting to subside but I still have days that border miserable. Sleeping is starting to become a challenge, apparently these babies save up their contribution to my bladder for evening hours. I make it a point of not drinking after 8 p.m. so when I'm up every other hour I know it is not from me but instead from these two. Sorry if that's TMI for anyone, but my mother was right once you become pregnant all modesty goes out the window. Our next appointment is on Friday and I'm excited for that. Seems wierd to be excited about a dr. appointment but the reassurance I feel from seeing the babies or hearing their heartbeats helps to keep me relaxed about things.

Two weekends ago we went with our mothers to place a deposit on a venue for the shower. I didn't think planning a shower would be necessary so soon but when talking to other pregnant friends I found out that many places they called were already booked for November. And since it is around the holidays there was even more reason to be on the ball. We ended up choosing Greystone Golfcourse and Banquet Center .http://www.golfgreystone.com/ It is located on 32 mile road and Mound in Romeo. Fall, particulary Halloween, is my favorite time of the year so I'm excited that it will be at a place where all the fall colors can be seen.

The shower will be on Sunday, October 22 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and the menu is a brunch buffet. I'm personally promising everyone that we won't torture you for that long. 4 hours of baby shower games and gifts is too much to ask of anyone. I promise to open gifts in record speed, although I'll admit it would be fun to torture Kevin by doing it slowly.

More to come after Friday's appointment. Keeping our fingers crossed that all will be well.

No comments: