Friday, August 11, 2006

I got a pregnancy tatoo!

So not too long ago Jared (my cousin) said to me "I hope you don't get one of those line things down your stomach, those are so wierd." I emphatically agreed thinking foolishly I might be one of the few lucky ones to escape it. Well no sooner than a couple of days later I began to notice the slightest of lines on my stomach but I quickly dismissed it as being "all in my head".
Well there is no denying it now, the linea negra has made its mark. It's been confirmed by at least 3 people. It's almost like a pregnancy tatoo. Another oddly strange yet endearing part of pregnancy. Kevin dutifully tells me how beautiful I am daily so that helps as my body starts to become unrecognizable and sends me into a temporary panic.

Well one week down and 2 more long weeks to go till the gender ultrasound. I keep reminding myself that it is entirely possible that the babies won't cooperate and we might not get to find out on the 25th what they are. I'll be so bummed but worse case scenario we'll have another routine ultrasound 2 weeks later and find out then. As soon as we find out the shopping spree begins!

I already started to do some preliminary registering on-line for the no-brainer stuff but I'll definitely need to call on my sis's experience to help me with the things I would never think of. We'll be ordering the furniture once we know as well. That's a big bill I'm not looking forward to! 2 cribs that convert into double beds, 2 matresses, 2 dressers, 2 hutches,
2 nightstands....yikes! Not to mention 2 carseats, 2 bassinets, 2 high chairs, okay I'll stop now, I feel another temporary panic coming on again. Kevin says the twins need to arrive by Dec. 31st then their tax credit will pay part of their own way. And I thought I was the cheap one in the relationship!

The good news is that it will all be counter-acted with two toothless smiles among many other double blessings I know they will bring!

No comments: