Monday, January 19, 2009

Our Weekend

We had a long weekend that was too short. The boys were excited to have Kevin home for a 4 day weekend. On Saturday we took the boys to Somerset to do some shopping. I wanted to go to Aveda and have my face made up to try some new makeup. I actually went to Somerset with no makeup on...that is kinda huge for me. BUT we got there right when the mall opened so it was pretty dead and parked as close to the store as possible. I'm so tired of spending money on makeup products the I end up not liking so this worked out perfectly.

While I was makeup shopping Kevin took the boys to Starbucks for a hot apple cider and a stroll through the mall. We met back up again and let the boys run around the common area. They quickly made some little people friends and had a great time. The snow was starting to get really bad on the ride home so we skipped the lunch we had planned and just came home.

In the evening Kev and I got out for dinner and a movie. We saw Slumdog Millionaire and it was disturbingly good. I love any movie that temporarily pops the little bubble I live in. 48 hours later and it is still haunting me.

Yesterday we stayed home most of the day. I did go out for a couple hours to attend a baby shower. The boys played with their trains, read books and hung out with their favorite guy...daddy.

Today we met up with Grant and Claire for lunch at the Rainforest Cafe. The boys haven't been there in almost a year so we were a little afraid that they might be scared of the animals but they did great. They enjoyed the rain storm, the elephants, monkeys and most of all the other kids. They seem to make friends wherever they go. They ate like little piggies...strawberries, blueberries, chicken nuggets, quesdillas, cheese, fruit grain bars and half a bottle of ketchup between the two of them.

Afterwards we did some shopping for next winter, taking advantage of all the end of season clearances. I'm floored that we bought size 4T clothes for them. They are already somewhere in between a 2T and 3T and Children's Place runs small so 4T it was.

No comments: