Friday, October 03, 2008

Happy 21 Months

The boys turn 21 months today. It is unbelievable to me that it has been 2 years this month since I was put on bedrest as they turned somersaults inside my belly. I miss being pregnant....I loved every second of it. It was such an incredible time for Kevin and I to prepare and relish in the anticipation of their arrival. We had moments of fear of course due to our pre-term labor scare, but for the most part it was such a blissful time.

Now they are starting to string two words together, "bubble bath" and "see Mama". Today they ate their banana whole for the very first time. They proudly held their half peeled banana, taking such pride in their accomplishment. Each milestone distancing them further and further away from babyhood. I'm watching their wings grow, but I'm not ready to let them fly. I need them far more than they could ever need me.

No comments: