Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Water and Rice

Thankfully no one else caught Kevin's strep throat but the babes do have a sniffle. Nothing major, just a leaky faucet. We took them to Wal-mart today to pick up an early Easter gift.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=2603656

I spent my college years working at my university's early childhood center. There are MANY things that I learned during those years that make me a better teacher and Mommy in the present. One of the things I took away from my experience was the importance of a sensory table. It provides endless hours of play and fun for little tots so I thought that was just what we needed around here for this summer. I searched high and low for the type of table we had at the preschool but unless I was shelling out 300 big ones it was not to be. I think this table will be a good substitute, just add water and some dyed rice in lieu of sand and let the good times roll.

Anderson has been a walking fool lately. He only does it on his terms and when he feels like it. God forbid you stand him on his feet and tell him to walk, he immediately turns into a limp noodle. He has always been a Momma's boy but this past week has gotten extreme. Over the weekend he attached himself to my leg and wouldn't let go. I don't mind though, in fact it's very flattering and that is why they pay me the big bucks. :)

Jake has a keen sense of awareness of Anderson's walking milestone. He is trying so hard to get his balance and take a few steps. He has had success a couple of times and the sense of pride he shows is just adorable. We give him the biggest cheers even if he barely takes half a step. Jake's overall demeanor is becoming more and more like Kevin with each passing day. He has such a sweetness about him, never complains and always goes with the flow.

No comments: