Thursday, June 04, 2009

Rediscovering the world

Since the new playset was installed, the boys and I have spent a considerable amount of time on the glider. They love when the three of us load onto the glider and swing together. We huddle close together, our arms all around eachother, and I bury my face into their sweet heads of hair. I sneak kisses as they chatter. They ask me to tell them about our upcoming summer Disney vacation. I tell them about the character breakfast, the swimming, the rides, going on an airplane, etc... They talk about the birds singing and the breeze that blows through their hair. We have sometimes glided for a half an hour at a time and I have just been cherishing every minute.

The boys have afforded me the opportunity to take life in at a little slower pace. I'm more acutely aware now of the airplanes overhead, the sound of children playing in the distance, birds singing, and the cool breeze. Everything is a fascinating discovery in their eyes. Nothing is discounted, everyone is important and the cup is always full.

No comments: