Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Brainwashing

Anderson and Jake are gearing up for Halloween. I'm imposing my love for Halloween on them and hoping it sticks. The house is decorated and hopefully this weekend we'll be able to do the outside. Their costumes are bought and they gleefully show them off whenever we have company. Jake kisses and hugs his costume and Anderson walks around the house with his. I just got off the phone with my sister and marked the calendar with 2 possibly 3 dates of Halloween/costume fun.

Today at Costco we passed the area that has some Halloween decorations and both of my precious boys cackled "HEEHEHEHEHEEE" without prompting...It's working, I'm getting through.

Beyond the Halloween obbessing going on in our house, the boys have been very busy chattering. Everyday brings a new word for one of them and they repeat like little parrots. They still haven't put two words together yet, but they have "no" mastered. It's lovely I tell ya. Anderson told me "butt" the other day when he needed his diaper changed and Jake's favorite words right now are Ernie (Sesame Street) and hair. He loves to pull on my hair and say "heyair".

We are slowly pushing their bedtime back. Up until recent months they were usually in bed by 6 p.m. and on a bad nap day they would go down even earlier. We are slowly moving bedtime back to about 7 p.m. and hoping to have it down to 7:30 by daylight savings. It would be nice to see what goes on in the world after 6 p.m., not to mention going out to dinner at 4:30 kinda sucks.

No comments: