Wednesday, October 06, 2010

A little life lesson

Excuse me while I sweep away the cobwebs. What's been keeping me away from the blog you ask? Well, besides my wonderful, perfect, couldn't be any cuter bubbies, I've been sweeping my floors non-stop and spending money. There is the never ending entertainment wall unit saga, you know the one that's been going on since a year ago when we ordered one from PB and it was delivered twice and damaged twice. That left us with nothing, then we moved and held off but never stopped shopping around for one. Since we've moved in the house, I ordered another and sent it back (not from PB) and now I've reordered one that won't be in till December. Lovely.

Then there is the landscaping that needs to be done stat. I'd love to wait till Spring, but to make a long story short, it really needs to get done this month due wanting to refinancing our construction loan into a conventional loan. So we've had three yahoos out here to give us quotes, all of which make me reach for the anxiety meds I don't own. We would love to do it ourselves and save money, but ledgestone needs to be brought in with large machinery and who are we kidding. I don't even have time to wash my face at the end of the night let alone plant 100 yews in my free time. So hopefully by next week I'll be able to show some pictures of our pretty front yard and zero balance bank statement.

Admist all the chaos we leased a new car and got quotes for plantation shutters and frosted glass. We've since had the plantation shutters installed and they are gorgeous. But the important things in life are covered. We've been enjoying nightly bike rides with the boys. They love these, I make them milkshakes that they drink in the trailer while we ride through the beautiful trails around our house. I love riding my bike through the crispy fall leaves. We've been to the cidermill a bazillion times already and this weekend we are going to a pumpkin festival right around the corner from our house. The pumpkin festival is at a historic farm turned museum that is just beautiful in the fall as are all the historic homes that surround it. Pictures to follow.

A moment from last week that I don't want to EVER forget....right before I put the boys to bed, Jake told me "Mom, after I go to bed just don't look in the toilet." I said, "what are you talking about Jake?". He said, "Mom, just don't do it, don't look in the toilet after you put me in my bed." So the two of us went into the bathroom and opened the lid. It was clean and empty. Jake exclaimed "YES! It went down!". I asked him what went down and he told me lots of paper. So I said, "Jake, were you afraid I was going to be mad at you?" His reply? "Mommy, I just want you to be proud of me.". OMG, he is just three years old but I tell you it never ceases to amaze me just how deep the emotional well runs in these little guys. Makes me acutely aware of how my words and actions can affect them either positively or negatively. And isn't that what we all want, to make our parents proud.

Finally, my funny Anderson story. Anderson asked me the other day if the the weather was shitty. I asked him to repeat himself because I thought maybe I had misheard him. He said again with a little annoyance in his voice, "Is the weather shitty out today?" My dad has a habit of using that word and has no filter around the boys so I can't say I was too surprised. I told Anderson that I didn't know what that word meant. He said, "MOM! It means cold outside!" The poor thing was saying CHILLY. Here I was giving him disapproving looks and making him feel bad about asking if it was "chilly outside". I apologized to the little guy and in true Anderson fashion he was very understanding and forgiving. He has really moved into that peaceful period they tell you comes after the threes. He is so cooperative, inquisitive and just a joy for 99% of the day. We are still patiently waiting for Jakey to move out of the threes :).

No comments: