Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Overdue Update

So moving sucked. It really, really, really sucked and it's still sucking. Moving coincided with the start of the school year so I felt like I was rushing to set up my classroom and rushing to set up the house and everything was kinda thrown together haphazardly and I'm having a hard time catching up.

There is still so much to do, but there is life to live as well. I don't like disrupting the boys nor do I want to push them aside while I work endlessly on getting this place together so for now we take it one small project at a time and our focus is the bubbies. I must admit I frequently have moments of regret. I love the house, the neighborhood, the area but it will be a much larger undertaking to care for than the old house. And the expenses that come with a new house are overwhelming as well. It's kinda like getting a puppy. You tend to turn a blind eye to all the work a new dog is because the allure of a cute little puppy is irresistible.

On a positive note, we seem to have some great neighbors. Many of them have gone out of their way to come over and introduce themselves. One neighbor ( with three boys under three) even brought over homemade cookies to welcome us to the neighborhood. Wow, homemade cookies!

The boys have been enjoying preschool. Their favorite activity is Show and Tell. Show and Tell happens once a week and they have brought the most random items to show their class. But it's their show and tell and I try not to influence their choices in any way. As long as they are enjoying themselves who I am to stand in their way.

Their teacher told me she could tell I had been working with them at home. She said they did wonderfully on all their initial assessments and she has mentioned to me on more than one occasion about how great their vocabulary is. Toot ,Toot! I just wish I could get those little stinkers to spend some time practicing to write their name or even just color. So for now things on the preschool front are great.

No comments: