Friday, October 08, 2010

Apple Picking on a Friday afternoon

Today we went apple picking. I just absolutely loved our experience last year with the boys and this year was just as fulfilling. The boys were pros this year and got right to work as soon as we arrived at the orchard. They filled their bags with Empires, Mutsus, Granny Smiths and Fujis.
We stopped for awhile and lounged in the grass, not a soul around, and held them tightly talking about how lucky we all were to have such a nice family. We set the camera up on a ladder to take this family pic.

Here they are stopping for just a brief moment to let me take a pic. They were all business, even examining the apples they picked for bruises or bugs. They each managed to eat two apples before we left.

This house was across the road from the orchard. I thought the hanging laundry was precious. I'm envious of those old farmhouses and families that still hold onto the simple ways of life.





If only I could freeze this afternoon in my mind...for now I'll tuck it away in my heart.





No comments: