Saturday, September 11, 2010

You knew I'd have to

Love the trestle wood plank bench that goes with our dining table

Some fun repurposed accessories

The island eating area that the boys love. We have a hard time getting Jakey to the table.







I'm loving my kitchen. The functionality has been great and I love the way it all came together. My plantation shutters will be here in just a few weeks and I'm on the hunt for some curtains. We've been spending a lot of time in the kitchen and it seems like when we have other people over, the kitchen has become the meeting space. The boys love to sit at the island on the bar stools and its makes for an easy clean up in the morning when we need to get out the door. I'm still drooling over my hardwood floors but I have to admit that they do show everything. People warned me but I would still do it all over again. I've just had to incorporate a quick sweep and swiffer each evening to keep up with it all.
We had a great day today at the cider mill and at the JDRF fundraiser at Grant's karate dojo. More to come on that....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy in good health! --a Greek saying =) The house is beautiful!
Mary