Saturday, April 24, 2010

RIP Microwave Drawer

Rediscovering some their books that have been packed away.

I'm thinking pink carpet might be a nice selection in the new house.


Not quite ready for a C of O yet.


View of the back of the house and walk out basement


There was finally some progress on the house this week. After months and months of a whole lot of nothing going on, we finally have a little something. The roughing of the house should be completed by the end of next week. I have been perusing the internet for lighting, which we need to select soon. Cheap Tammy has reared her ugly face and gone into overdrive with all the crazy over spending on the house. In order to maintain some financial sanity, I'm determined to stay within the budget. On the flip side we have spender Kevin who has no qualms about spending $800 on microwave drawer!! A microwave drawer?!?! His famous quote of lately is, "Well, we'll be living there a VERY long time, so you might as well get what you want."
Well, here's the thing. I tend to fall out of like with things pretty quickly, that's why I try not to spend so much money. Then when I want to replace something after a few years, I don't feel so guilty about it. The microwave drawer however, I'm taking that to my little space in the mausoleum wall with me.

No comments: