Saturday, December 19, 2009

Getting by

It's been a rough couple of days but I feel like today we have turned a corner. I actually showered and was able to pull myself together enough to go out. We took the boys to Party City to pick out their Buzz Lightyear party supplies, which it turned out they didn't carry. That was a big disappointment, so we ended up ordering them on-line instead.

The past four days have been tough. My pain was increasing instead of decreasing and I wasn't tolerating the vicodin well. I hate taking meds and the vicodin was making me feel incredibly out of it and sleepy ALL day long. I switched over to motrin but that just doesn't seem to have enough kick in it so I've just been dealing with the pain the best I can. I saw the dr. today and he says everything looks good. It's just going to take a lot of time to return to normal.

My sweet boys are always asking me "do you feel better now Mom?". They know I'm not feeling like myself, and I've been doing my best to reassure them that despite the fact I can't smile, I'm doing just fine. Anderson and Jake are adjusting pretty good to sharing a room. Nap time has been rough and they party every night for at least an hour after we put them to bed but for the most part they have been sleeping through the night. My Grandma's condo has been comfortable for us and is working out quite well.

Kevin has been doing a great job juggling my care with taking care of the boys. The boys haven't exactly made it easy on him either. He was able to take the boys to see the Princess and the Frog yesterday so that I could have some quiet time and the boys could get out of the house a bit. After nap today we'll try and get them out again. I literally look like Rocky Dennis from the movie Mask with Cher. But at this point, I'm so sick of sitting around that I really don't give a crap. I'm going out.

No comments: