Tuesday, October 06, 2009

I *heart* Matt Roloff

Here is some type of futile attempt to get back on the blogging horse. A random and discombobulated account of the past couple of weeks.

On Sunday we walked in the JDRF (Juvenille Diabetes) Walk for Grant. My sister and Kevin raised over 1,200 dollars which I thought was quite impressive. There was a huge turnout at the walk. Grant had friends and family at his side and he seemed to have a really good time. The boys enjoyed making some Halloween crafts, listening to the marching band and dancing to the DJ's music.

Kevin recently bought his larger than life TV he has been wanting since we got married. He is enjoying his TV and Playstation Three that somehow got thrown in the mix as well. I'm still not sure how that happened?!?! I ordered a fabulous entertainment center to fit the new TV in and it was delivered last week. There was a problem with one half of it, so we have been living amidst a half of a wall unit which is driving me crazy. I really wanted to get this thing set up and do some rearranging and organizing of all the toys we have around here but that can't happen with half a wall unit.

We moved my Grandmother into an assisted living home about two weeks ago. It's been a very positive thing for her. She is no longer held up in her house and miserable. She now lives in a beautiful new two bedroom apartment, dines in a five star resteraunt each evening, can spend her days going to church, playing bingo or socializing with friends. And the best part is she can walk to all these things which are just down the hall from her apartment. We only wish she would have agreed to moving there sooner, as in ten years ago. I hope her health and attitude continue to improve in her new surroundings. We took the boys to see her new place on Friday. Afterwards, on the way home I asked the boys what their favorite part of the visit was. Anderson replied he liked it when he pooped in Grandma's room. Didn't we all?

I'm taking a graduate course right now. It's my "class in a box". After I finished my Masters Degree I swore I was done with school and I meant it. Things have changed though, the economy in Michigan is completely in the tank, education is facing huge cuts which means our salaries are at high risk. If I complete 15 graduate credits beyond my Masters I'm paid a higher salary. I have to complete 6 grad credits anyways to renew my teaching certificate, so I'm going to do all 15 in the next year. That's five classes. That sucks. The good news is I never have to leave my house, I can do it all from home and work at my own pace. The bad news is I hate having things to do, I'm not a procrastinator and if something needs to be done I do it. So for the past week I've been spending my evenings and the boy's nap times working on this class. I haven't been very good at pacing myself, at this rate I'm going to burn out quickly. I may have bitten off more than I can chew. I. hate. it.

I consult with my surgeon about my jaw surgery next week. The insurance through my work has come through and I'm hoping for a surgery date in December. I'm scared, excited and anxious. Next month marks a year since I began this journey and had the braces put on and I just want to be done with it already.

Jakey and I have a cold. Anders has a rash on his toosh.

We took the boys to see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and they loved it. They are so well behaved at the movies and the amount of popcorn they consume is riduculous.

We have some fun Halloween events planned for the boys. The most exciting being an evening of trick or treating at Greenfield Village. The sidewalks will be lined with jack-o- lanterns, the old homes will be decorated and I know the boys will love it as will the rest of us. We are also planning to take the boys to downtown Rochester for some early trick or treating and of course we couldn't miss Tillson Street on Devil's night. I love that Halloween is on a Saturday this year!

Little People Big World Season Five starts next Monday and I can't wait. I love that show, I love that family and I don't care that it is lamer than being in high school band. My apologies to all the band geeks out there, but I think I'm fairly safe since I only have about three blog readers and to my knowledge none of them were in the band. :)

No comments: