Thursday, July 02, 2009

Are you happy?

This morning while I was changing Anderson's yuckies I smelled something burning. The smell was strong and I immediately sprung into action. I left him diaperless and starting going from room to room to find the source of the smoke smell. I couldn't smell anything in our bedrooms, the kitchen, bathrooms, so I headed to the basement to see if that was the source. Nada. I was beginning to think it was all my imagination so I sat back down to put a diaper on him.





As soon as I sat back down, I could smell it again. His dirty diaper was next to me. I picked it up and took a small whiff and sure enough the burning smell was coming from his diaper! It smelled like burnt popcorn. You see yesterday, I took the boys to a movie and they ate an entire small popcorn EACH. Grant and Claire didn't even finish their popcorn, but my two popcorn nuts ate every last kernel. I was worried for the rest of the day what the ramifications might be from such a little tummy eating all that popcorn and this morning I found out. Never a dull moment.





The boys had a great time at the movies with Grant and Claire. I was so impressed with them. The movie theatre was jammed as was the parking lot and concession area but the boys held our hands, stayed next to us, and cooperated the whole time. They sat nicely for the first three quarters of the movie (including 20 minutes of waiting for it to start) and then asked to get up. We let them out of their boosters and they stood up for a few minutes watching the movies and then cuddled up in our laps. At one point Jake gently placed his hand on my arm and whispered, "Are you happy Momma?". Yes baby, more than you could ever know.

No comments: