Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Anderson


The summer is just flying by! I've been reminding myself that it was time for an Anderson update but I honestly thought it had only been a couple of days since I posted about Jake. It's been 8 days!

Anderson's personality changes have surprised us much like Jake's transformation. As a baby, Anderson was always very demanding but as he is growing into his own little person he is becoming much more easy going. Anderson has a maturity about him that quite impressive. Unlike most toddlers, he can be reasoned with (most times), he is a good listener and follows directions to a tee.
He is very inquisitive about his surroundings, learns at lightning speed and really loves life. Anderson does a great job making me feel appreciated and needed. He politely thanks me for the things I do for him and fills me up with his hugs and kisses.
Anderson is still a bit bossy to Jake, but he has definitely softened. He doesn't bite Jake anymore, in fact Jake bit him pretty hard the other day, and these days he is more likely to share and allow Jake to take the lead sometimes. Anderson's memory is sharp and he is difficult to distract. When he sets his mind to something there is no stopping him. Our neighborhood had a garage sale a couple of weeks ago and we were on our daily walk checking it out. Anderson saw a tool bench that he liked and I said that maybe we could come back for it. He repeatedly whined "I want the tool bench Mom, I want the tool bench" for about 90 minutes and showed no signs of letting up. I felt as though he was using some sort of torture techniques on me. Finally, when I could take no more, I loaded them up in the car and went back for the tool bench. I was never so happy to give into him. I give him credit, he's persistent and determined....a lot like his mommy.

No comments: