Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Lovely Afternoon

Anderson James feeding the ducks



Jake contemplating taking a dip, his curiousity was really trying to get the best of him






Anderson enjoying his picnic dinner

Today we took the boys to the park for a picnic dinner. We picked up some sandwiches, laid down a blanket next to the river and enjoyed a quaint dinner together...just us and the ducks. Anderson was content to sit with his sandwich and take in everything around him. Jake preferred to get up close and personal with everything around him. Jake walked around with his sandwich in his hand and chased the ducks, touched the trees, and pressed his luck at the edge of the river.

After we ate, the boys fed the ducks some of their bread. The ducks at Rochester park are so well fed that they weren't the least bit interested in the bread...they were already full. The highlight of our outing was when the boys wanted us to hold them on the swings. They both cuddled up on our chests (facing us) and we swang for what seemed like forever. I had Jake with me and he sweetly nuzzled his face against my neck and rubbed the back of my arm with his hand. Sweet Anders kept telling Kevin and I that he loved us. My heart was overflowing, I will carry that memory in my heart forever.

No comments: