Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

Daddy and Anderson

Toot, toot, chugga, chugga, Big Red Car...The boys love those Wiggles!



The boys got plenty of fresh air and sunshine this weekend. Today we headed to the McBride's house for a b-bq. The boys took a nice long nap before we left so when they woke they were ready to play. They spent time swinging, rolling in the grass, chasing a ball and soaking up tons of attention and love from their family. They ate fruit salad, meatballs, carrots, potatoes, and anything else they could get their hands on.



Kevin and I will be leaving for a short getaway on Wednesday and will return home on Sunday. We will be spending some time in Ft. Myers Beach, FL. I'm excited at the prospect of relaxation, sun and zero responsibility but I'm terrified my heart will ache for my bubbies. It will be difficult to get through a day without their soft slobbery kisses and tender yanking of my hair. The things I won't miss are scrapping up food from the kitchen floor, 6 poop diapers a day, and a 6:30 a.m. wake up call. I have all of these completely unreasonable thoughts going through my head about my absence. Will they forget me? Will they even notice or care that I'm not there? Will they want my mom and not me when I return? Will they like the way someone else does it better than me? Control freak much lately. Nah, not me.

No comments: