Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I might have a new obbession...fabric, etsy, and owls

Did you know owls are super hot right now?


My latest creation, more shoes for the little people. I made these for baby Ellie. She is Jared's newest cousin on the other side of his family. She is the sweetest little thing!


New fabrics with a purposeful project in mind...pics coming soon


Love these fabrics but I have no idea what I'm going to do with them yet




I'm really enjoying my new hobby, but I'm spending more time obsessing over fabrics and patterns than I actually spend sewing. When I found these Amy Butler and Heather Bailey fabrics I just couldn't resist. There is this whole world of crafters out there that I never knew exisisted. And the owls, the crafters love owls. Sounds bizzare but many of them make some really cool retro owl inspired projects. I have no need for an owl, in fact I think they are kinda gross but now I want to make one too!


My other obbession is http://www.etsy.com/. Everything is handmade and it's my new place to buy unique gifts that aren't "made in china". You're up first Jodi :)...it's on its way. Many of the artists that sell their goods are SAHMs so I love the idea of supporting that in some small way.


I'm so incredibly inspired by the sewing blogs I've been reading but I'm seriously lacking in the talent department. I have all these grand ideas in my head...a new duvet, window treatments, slippers, pillows, I could go on and on. But, I'm a total copycat. My mom brain is so fried I couldn't come up with anything original if I tried. For now I'm happy to just reinvent the wheel.

No comments: