Thursday, December 30, 2010

To my little ones



I heard you clumsily open your door and the sound of your excited little feet. You called out "Mom, Mom, he came! We were first, he came and we were first." We gathered around the tree and you quickly claimed your pile and sweetly asked for permission to begin. Your tousled hair, sleepy eyes and morning froggy voice filled my heart.

Each gift was opened with such anticipation and was carefully examined before you moved onto the next...with the exception of your new underwear. You noticed that Santa had eaten his cookies but thankfully you didn't notice that Twink our family elf had forgotten to go back to the North Pole. I tell you almost daily that you are my Christmas morning, you bring me that inexplicable joy, that contentment that all is right in the world.

No comments: