Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving Week

Our Christmas card pic unedited

Love those hands in the pockets wearing their Grandpa sweaters





Visit with Santa


Awkward!

This Thanksgiving has been an eventful one for the boys. On Tuesday, the boys had a Thanksgiving feast at preschool. I was happy that my schedule allowed me to join them and help their teacher out. They had a nice lunch with their friends, it was pretty precious to listen to what three and four year olds talk about around the dinner table.
On Wednesday we went to see Tangled with the McBrides. The boys and I chowed on popcorn and m&m's till I felt sick. We all thought it was a pretty good movie and afterwards we came home and played dolls together. I guess the girly type movie brought out their feminine side.
Thanksgiving Day we had some of Kevin's family over for breakfast. The bagels and egg casserole were delish followed up by a visit from Grant and Claire. I love that they can just ride their bikes over whenever they want. Later in the afternoon we headed to the McBride's house for Thanksgiving dinner. After dinner we celebrated Claire's 10th birthday. I can't believe little Claire Bear is already in double digits.
Yesterday we stayed home for most of the day. We had no interest in fighting the black Friday crowds so we stayed far, far away from the chaos. The boys played while Kevin and I tried to get some work done around the house. We still have a large amount of shelves and pictures to hang and in the mean time I keep creating new projects for myself which isn't helping. I'll save that for another post.
Today my mom came by for a few hours to sit with the boys while Kevin and I had some time away. We went to Meadow Brook Hall for the Christmas walk. It was beautiful. I have been many times, but haven't been for at least 10 years. I was so excited when they told us that they had opened up the secret playrooms to the public. I have always wanted to see the playrooms and they did not disappoint. Everything about Meadow Brook Hall is so uniquely beautiful and being up in the fourth floor playrooms was the icing on the cake. Afterwards we hit up Pottery Barn and picked up some treasures and then headed to Rojo for a late lunch.
The boys had lots of hugs and kisses for us when we got home. I love that.

No comments: