Sunday, March 21, 2010

No such thing as perfect

2288 Nickelby :)




Waiting to meet the "Easter Rabbit"


Anderson and Jake thought he was great!


Love this one!


I'm really in over my head with the school thing. It seems like I'm always doing homework, but yet feel like I'm not doing enough of it. This blog has suffered greatly because of it. I'm down to the final two weeks of the semester so I have to get this done.

Anderson and Jake are thriving. They are doing awesome with the potty training, when it comes to number one. Number two is a different story. They just have no interest no matter what the bribe. I guess we'll just wait it out and as it gets closer to fall we'll start to panic. Not only do they have to be potty trained for preschool but they also have to be able to manage the whole process without assistance. I cannot even fathom that at this point, but we've got some time.

Last week we dropped off some clothes at the dry cleaners. Anderson asked me where Kevin was going and I replied that he was taking the clothes to the dry cleaners. There was a long pause and then Anderson asked "Are they wet?". These little men are just too cute for words. Even when they are getting sassy, my first reaction is to kiss those little cheeks. Jake has told me on a couple occasions this past week that I was his girlfriend :).

This weekend we went on a wild goose chase to track down a new kitchen table. Shortly after moving, I put our kitchen table on Craigslist to kinda "feel out" the market. Our table wasn't going to match our new kitchen at all so I knew a new one was in our future. Surprisingly the table got lots of interest within just a couple of hours of me posting it and it was sold the very next day. We have been eating off a card table and folding chairs ever since. So for the past three months I've been scouring the stores and internet for the "perfect table". I found out the perfect table costs about 5,000.00. Uh no, not with two three year old boys.
So finding something within the budget that was good quality has been near impossible. On a whim, I called the Pottery Barn outlet that is about an hour and fifteen minutes away if they had the table that I liked there (not the 5,000 one, just a runner up). They did! I was thrilled, I confirmed with the employee that it was the one I was looking for and Kevin and I headed out to Birch Run. Did I mention it was less than half the price of the one they have in the regular store? When we arrive we find out they have the table, but the two leaves are missing!?!?!? SOB. The table isn't nearly big enough without the leaves. They had another table we liked, but the colors were just not right for our new house.
This morning I found a table I liked at World Market online. All the World Market stores in our area had closed a couple of years ago, but there was still one open in Ann Arbor. So for the second day in row, we drove over an hour to reach our destination in hopes we would like the table we saw online. It's a great table, solid wood, heavy, good quality and most importantly it got 105 reviews online and all of them were glowing. It's not my "perfect table" but it beats a card table.
Our basement was finally dug this past week. For a while there Kevin and I were beginning to think the builder ran away with our life savings. It would appear not. The basement has been dug and the phone number is still connected. Whew!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Tammy,
Should have called me =) Was in AA yesterday having dinner with Phil at Max and Erma's when I noticed that there was a World Market right in the same complex...I really miss that store. And don't worry...the perfect table will come when the boys go to college. Enjoy the "worn" in ones now and those beautiful boys.