Saturday, September 16, 2006

The Babies' Nursery




This week Grandma Merris began working on painting a mural in the boys' nursery. Kevin's room as a child was always painted with characters by his mom so the two of them have been anticipating this for years. It really means a lot to him that his mother is now doing it for his children. Our bedding is sorta a jungle theme so she has taken the animals off of that and painted them on the walls. It's not complete yet but we wanted to share the pictures since so many of you have heard us talking about it. We are very lucky to have a Grandma that just so happens to paint children's murals. We really appreciate all the time and energy she has put into this, it looks great!

We had a dr.'s appointment today so we got to see our little guys again. Everything is continuing to go well, both babies have the proper amount of fluid surrounding them and all is well with me. We are feeling lots of movement now but one twin seems to be much more active than the other. Our dr. explained that the twin that doesn't seem so active has an anterior placenta that acts as kind of a buffer for his kicks. So its not that he isn't moving around as much as his brother, its just that I can't feel him as much. We were relieved to hear that. I love when I can feel them move around and kick, it just makes me smile and giggle every time.

The dr. measured my belly for the first time today. I am currently 21 weeks along, but my belly measures at 28 weeks! Our dr. kinda chuckled and said that would explain my back pain and difficulty sleeping, I'm the size of a pregnant women almost 2 months ahead of me. Our next appointment will be in 3 weeks and we will have another detailed ultrasound to find out how big the boys are and make sure they are developing properly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grandma Merris is an awesome artist!!! Those little guys are so lucky to have such a great nursery!!And as for Tammy I for one think you are doing a super job of growing those little guys. Keep up the good work!!! You look more beautiful as you go along. Love, Maggie