Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fall Mantel



It's fall and it's my favorite time of the year. Today,I'm linking up to Layla's Fall Mantel party happening over at The Lettered Cottage. My mantel is definitely leaning to the Halloween side and that is for the little guys. A and J love them some Halloween almost as much as I do. We have a tradition that we started when they were babies. Right before they go to bed we bring up bins from the basement. While they are sleeping I decorate and in the morning they "discover" all the Halloween decorations around the house. They love it!




Showing up on the mantel is my beloved mercury glass. The candle stick is from PB and the pumpkin is from Home Goods. Looks just like the ones in the PB catalog but only cost me 12 dollars.



I found these adorable small "trick/treat" frames this weekend at a tiny town Harvest Festival. So easy to make...spray some dollar store frames, add some scrapbook paper and adhesive letters. I was going to borrow her idea, but she only wanted 15 dollars for the set so I cheated and bought hers.




I added a couple of pics from our entertainment center. I cut some branches off our Japanese maple tree to add some fall color. The bat candlestick holders are from Pier One. The candles bleed red. That's about as spooky as we get around here.




Here is a wider shot. Thanks for visiting!







2 comments:

very merry vintage style said...

Very cute! Love the silver and orange mix. Stop by and link up if you have time.
Mary

Unknown said...

We are currently redoing our living room, and these are some great ideas. I love the frames so very cool!