Sunday, September 06, 2009

Rosco the Clown



We took the boys to the Harvest festival yesterday at Wolcott Farm. Rosco the clown was there providing some entertainment. I first met Rosco 28 years ago at Big Boy's Breakfast with Santa when I was 5 years old. Over the next few years my parents would take me to all kinds of events to see Rosco the Clown and over time he nicknamed me "chocolate face" from my chocolate milk mustache. When I was 8 years old, my parents threw me a surprise b-day party and had Rosco come for the entertainment. I was thrilled!! He made balloon animals, did tricks and told jokes. I will never forget how special I felt that day, that Rosco the Clown came to MY birthday party.

When I spotted Rosco yesterday, I couldn't resist telling him how he had come to my birthday party and how I had stalked him at Big Boy's over the years. He made the boys balloon dinosaurs and did the same magic tricks with them that he did at my party over 20 some years ago. It was an awesome experience watching them experience Rosco for the first time!

No comments: