Friday, July 04, 2008

Fabric Panels

New fabric panels in half bath

View from the other side

My favorite pattern


Some new wall decor

The bubbies

Awhile back I had purchased some beautiful Heather Bailey fabric from the Fabric Closet. I was going to make a handbag out of it, but after making the pain in the arse diaper bag, making another bag didn't sound very appealing. Then I found this idea on another crafter's blog and I thought the colors of the fabric would work perfectly in our half bath. The half bath is in need of some refreshing, so this afternoon I quickly made some new fabric panels to hang. They came out very nice and now I'm contemplating making a coordinating window valance. Sounds beyond my expertise level so that idea is on hold.



We've lived in our home for 5.5 years now and since we moved in we have never been able to come up with an idea for the very large empty wall in our living room that leads to the basement. The wall is about 25 feet tall from the bottom of the open stairs to the cathedral ceiling There was also the problem of trying to hang something on a wall without being able to balance a ladder due to the stairs. We'll we finally figured something out. On our last trip to IKEA we purchased some wall shelves, combine that with our new professional pics of the boys and voila. Thankfully with Kevin's long reach and some tricky balancing we managed to create a altar of worship to our Gods.

No comments: